Friday, May 29, 2009

Endoscopy

Great news! Elle's blood results came back and her kidneys are fine. What a relief, one less thing to be worried about. We have scheduled her endoscopy for this Wednesday. They are not going to completely sedate her so her recovery will be shorter I think. It is an out patient procedure, so I'm not too worried. I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand I hope they find everything to be okay. On the other hand, if they don't find anything then there is nothing to be fixed. My understanding is this is the last step, so if they don't find anything they are just hoping she will grow out of it. I just don't understand how she is supposed to grow at all when she spits up half of her meal, and when her symptoms are at their worst, she doesn't eat. I guess we will just take it one day at a time.

Blah blah blah.....enough of the medical stuff. Elle is amazing. She is gaining more and more personality each day. Yesterday she went to the park and sat under a tree. It was so fun. She really loves grass! I'm lame and I didn't bring my camera, but she looked very cute. She is so fun, I spend most of my day laughing at her. I will be better and I will post some pictures very soon. Wow I haven't posted any pictures is a long time. Watch out there are some very cute pictures coming your way soon.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, that's good about her kidneys! Keep us updated on the endoscopy. And with some pictures! She sure is a cutie :)

P.S. How's my Kitchen Aid doing? I hope it is bringing you a large bounty of cookies and bread :) :)

Shaun said...

It's good to hear that there aren't any problems with her kidneys... I hope they can find a solution for you guys. Keep us posted. And yes, you need more pics.

Shelly said...

MeggiAnn...Good luck. You are in our prayers. Sara had to have a few endo's and did just fine. THey found some ulcers in her esophagus that were easily treated. All my kids (even the adopted ones!!) Have been medicated for reflux. It's SO not fun. I am sorry you're going thru this ... it's supposed to be fun! We love you and can't wait to see you this summer. Love, Aunt Shelly